INFORMATION I COLLECT
In running and maintaining my website I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of my website including details such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or book a session.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with me by any means.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY (GDPR 2018)
The following information sets out the policy guidelines for collecting, storing and processing of personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
The GDPR (2018) highlights the following seven key principles ensuring that information is:
- Used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- Is limited to specific purpose
- Data is limited to what is necessary
- Data is kept accurate and up to date
- Data is stored no longer than what is necessary
- Data is stored securely maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the client
- Accountability and demonstrate that I comply with GDPR.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Ms A Cleminson, AMC Counselling and Psychotherapy, [email protected].
Why I will be collecting your personal data:
As the processing of your personal data is required to enable me to provide you with a service, I do not require consent from you to hold your information securely or to provide you with this service, but will take this opportunity to assure you I adhere to all laws and procedures relating to data protection (Article 9, paragraph 2 (h) of the GDPR) and will only use your data to provide you with this service.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I use the information that I collect from you to provide my services to you. In addition to this I may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- I will only collect personal contact details such as address, telephone number and or email, emergence contact details and doctor’s details that you consent to give me.
- I will use your personal data to contact you if we need to reschedule an appointment.
- If clinical assessment is required.
- To record basic information relevant in monitoring the progress of the therapeutic relationship.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
In operating my website, I do my upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. I cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send me electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk. However, I have taken steps to secure your data by adding an SSL certificate to my website and any written notes please see the following:
- Your information will be mark private and confidential and stored in a locked filing cabinet behind a locked door.
- Any emails received will be password protected on my computer.
- My website will have an SSL certificate which means that no outside influence or third-party can read or modified your information. You will notice a lock symbol in the address bar to the left.
- When the therapeutic relationship comes to an end, I will delete your emails accordingly. Any written notes taken will be archived for a period of seven years after our last contact.
- Any notes taken will be anonymized and securely locked away.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
The only time that I would need to share your information is as follows:
- If at any time I feel that you may be in any danger of hurting either yourself or anyone else, then I will discuss with you first before breaking confidentiality and seek advice from another person in support of you.
- If you request me to do so e.g. confirm that you are in counselling. I will require written authority by yourself before doing so.
- Where I am legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- In the event of my untimely death, steps have been put in place where your details will be passed to my supervisor who will contact you and destroy your notes accordingly.
How to obtain a copy of personal information held or to have it removed:
In accordance with GDPR 2018 you have the right to access to or deletion of part or whole of your record.