The law requires that the following must be referred to other agencies:
- Child Protection – Information you have about a child who is at risk of physical, emotional and or sexual abuse (including child pornography);
- Harm to a vulnerable adult;
- Road Safety – If the police require information in relation to a driving offence;
- Terrorism – If I receive information about an act of terrorism or that there is a plan to commit an act; This is where I will need to inform the police without your consent;
- Money Laundering – If I receive information about a person who is involved in money laundering. I would therefore be required to inform the police immediately without your consent.
I hold a ‘duty of care’ to you as my client and I will make every attempt to involve you in any decisions about how to disclose the information that doesn’t cause any delay or further risk to you and/or to anyone else.
All records that are kept are minimum and, on a need, to know basis. I will code them and securely lock them away. Names, addresses, telephone numbers and any other information will be secured away in a different location to preserve the identity of the client.
On a monthly basis I attend supervision. This is to offer support to me in my practice and in accordance to COSCA’s Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice. In providing excellent duty of care and support to you as my client.